Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Virginia Woolf once said,

"A woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction."

Currently reading one of her work; Mrs. Dalloway.
I am a firm believer on her saying, that “Books are the mirrors of the soul.” It's true. If one said, it's the eating, or it's the eyes, or it's behavior and words, I'd said the books they're reading. And reading Virginia Woolf's novel, is a dead stare in the mirror. A dead stare into the cliff. 

In books, I find different version of me strolling down the rusty pages, exploring the syntax and the choice of words the Author used.

When I'm Jane Austen kind of girl, I picture me as a simple, village girl that worries too much of not finding a husband in time; or chasing down a big love on a cold stone statue. I was strolling around in England, wearing sweet pastel gowns and round hats, getting ready to go to the dance. Then I get to have my version of Mr. Darcy.

Then I get to read the most pop book ever, Cecily von Ziegesar's Gossip Girl; I watched the TV-show first. I was Blair Waldorf, pushing people to swept dirt off my stilettos and screaming the maid name's just because my tea isn't hot enough. I went out with Dan Humphrey, my version, to Brooklyn and watch the most prettiest and most amazing paintings. Went photo camping at the Central Park and saw Broadway live, with Kristin Chenoweth and Idina Menzel on stage. Then I'm enjoying a glass of chardonnay, accompanied by a plate of escargot and trio of lamb. I use the most fabulous gowns and I wear the most sick shoes ever made.

My favorite... was reading Dear John. I'm Savannah, whose boyfriend is in the middle of the war. Dangerous, risky, sad, heartbreaking. And in the end, I marry someone else. Someone I don't love, but someone who needs me. I dealt with horse poo and autism kid, built a house and being kissed in the rain; Places, conditions I never have been in before, but was so believable that I'm always biased in the end of the book.

And reading Virginia Woolf, I'd say I won't fill my pockets with stones and run away to the nearest lake.

“You cannot find peace by avoiding life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment