Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2011: Bittersweet memories coated in photographs and me saying "When was that?"


Gotten a new piercing.
Dyed my hair.
Ended a relationship.
Started a new relationship.
Been on a long a car journey.
Passed an exam.
Met someone who’s now an important part of my life.

Cried on someone’s shoulder.
Had a massive fight with an (ex)boyfriend.
Received flowers.
Had a Valentine.
Written a letter using pen and paper.
Gone to see a therapist.
Been prescribed medication by a doctor.
Read a really good book.
Gone to the zoo.
Spent too much money on unnecessary things.

Traveled by train.
Cried over a member of the opposite sex.
Spent a day out in the sun getting a tan.

Slammed a door out of frustration.
Had an anxiety attack.

Babysat for a friend’s child.
Had a BBQ.

Gone to the fair.
Gone bowling.
Seen a film at the cinema in 3D.
Gone on a date.

Been the only sober one on a night out.
Helped someone home after they’d had too much to drink.
Stayed up all night.
Talked on the phone for over two hours.
Supported someone who’d received bad news.
Watched some kind of live sporting event.
Read an entire book in one day.
Bought a DVD the day it was released.
Eaten McDonald’s more than four times in a single week.
Cried as a result of exam stress.
Met some incredible new people.
Gone to several great parties.

Fallen backwards off a chair.
Broken my glasses.m
Worn a watch for the first time in years.
Cried over someone in my past.
Spent hours aimlessly browsing the internet.
Thrown up due to food poisoning.
Cried over a film.
Gone out of my way to avoid an ex-boyfriend.
Fought with someone in public.
*italic=was done in 2011

Anyway, 2011.

Wow.

It's been a dreadful amazing breathtaking year for me, but nonetheless it was fine.

I wish I could tweak some things here and there but somethings will never change. I wish I am in a better physical shape now, as for my mind. I wish I'm over the heartbreaks I hoped will go away in 2011. I wish 2011 is still here because I have tons of unfinished business I though I could solve in 2011.

But the fact that time rolls uncontrollably and you're gaining weight and your heart breaks did not ease the fact that we're living in the space and time limited continuum filled with superb things and unsolved mysteries and we can't bear to be one of the things that build the superb things and the unsolved mysteries.

So my only resolution for 2012 are none other than keep building the superb things and making unsolved mysteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment