Tuesday, June 7, 2016

My Top 5 TV Shows

I hate watching TV, but I love TV Shows. I often watch it on my laptop, killing the life of my laptop slowly but surely. I feel like it's a thing about millenials; they like to binge watch things. Falling into the category, I am sure that I prefer waiting a season to finish and then binge watch it, rather than waiting one episode every week.

In this post, I'm going to tell you about my Top 5 TV Shows that is much better to binge watch than wait weekly. Thankfully, most of them are either finished or been going on for quite a while, so if you're starting to live this amazing experience that is binge watching tv-shows, these shows will not disappoint.


1. Gilmore Girls (2000-2007)
Tomato Rating: 90%
This show is set in an eclectic town of Stars Hollow, telling a story about a mother-daughter duo we all want to be. Lorelai and Rory Gilmore is 16 years apart, but the connection you gained will be a lifelong relationship with the character. Lasting seven seasons, we can really see how the character develops throughout the show. I personally grew up watching this show and it definitely shapes me as a person. Luckily, this show is coming back for the penultimate final season, consisting of 4 hour-long episodes, launching in Netflix.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


2. Game of Thrones (2011-now)
Tomato Rating: 94%
We cannot talk about TV Show and miss this one. Game of Thrones is a brilliant show, with complicated story plots that will not stop killing off our favourite character. I learned it the hard way that you cannot get attached to one character, because the moment you are rooting for them, they will be either beheaded or stabbed or basically, dead. It is a brilliant show, and even though not for the faint-hearted, it is worth to watch.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


3. Bob's Burger (2011-now)
Tomato Rating: 89%
Bob's Burger is a funny, cynical, dry joke type of cartoon that is targeted for adults. My favourite character is Louise, which is the youngest of the bunch. This show is really fun to watch and I find myself coming back for them everytime I'm looking for a nice, light watch to rewind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------



4. Sherlock (2010-now)
Tomato Rating: 91%
The main reason you should be watching this show is because Benedict Cumberbatch, but if you need further convincing, it is a really well-written show. The shows has brought so many cinematography innovation, one of them being innovation in showing text on screen. This show is quick-paced, witty, and smart.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------



5. Friends (1994-2004)
Tomato Rating: n/a
Two words: true classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment